Muslim community makes over 15% of Mississauga’s total population. This fairly educated and financially stable community plays a key role in the local economy and social fabric.
MuslimMississauga.com aims to provide a unified information resource platform for the community at large and for anyone interested in learning about Mississauga’s Muslim Community.
Interesting Facts about Muslim Mississauga:
- Mississauga is a home to approximately 80,000* Muslims (10-11% of total population).
- There are over 22 Islamic Centres / Mosques around city. There are also smaller places of worship (musallahs) and Islamic education centres scattered around town.
- There are several full time Islamic Schools providing Ontario Curriculum in addition to Islamic Education.
- Muslim community is scattered around city, however major concentrations are based in Meadowvale, Lisgar, Churchill Meadows, East Credit, Erindale, Cooksville and Applewood communities.
- Mississauga Muslim community is well serviced by over 80 local restaurants serving Halal menu and several dozens of grocery stores. There are also many mainstream businesses serving the specific needs of Muslim community in Mississauga.
- Mississauga Muslim community is family driven, educated, professional and entrepreneurial. Most of them own their houses while many younger families prefer condo living.
- Mississauga is a home to many popular and widely recognized annual Muslim events including Muslim Fest, Halal Food Fest and also host several large Muslim conferences.
- Mississauga also hosts a large charity Walkathon organized by Muslim community under the platform of Mississauga Muslim Community (MMC).